Welcome back, Arrowheads! In my last post, I offered a few tips for shy writers who are preparing for, or are interested in, doing a sit-down author interview. Today, I’d like to go over some of the questions I was asked during my first interview, so you guys (and myself) will be better prepared for future interviews!
- When did you write the book?
- How long did it take you to write the book?
- What inspired you to write this particular story?
- Is the town/location of the novel’s setting based on your hometown?
- What genre is the novel?
- Do you relate to the main character?
- Do you write full-time?
- Why did you want to publish this novel?
- What formats are your book available in?
- Where can the book be purchased?
- Where can readers follow you on social media? (Provide links or handle names).
- Are you currently working on other novels? (Mention any WIPs if you’re comfortable discussing those. Offer a small blurb about your next release’s plot line).
- Do you have any other talking points you’d like to mention?
For those of you who are approaching an interview, I hope this helps! If you can think of more questions that can be added to this list, let me know in the comments!