Good afternoon Arrowheads, and welcome to my first Quarter Review of 2019! Today, I’m sharing all of the (mostly lame) adventures I’ve been on over the past three months!
- January 1st: Rolled in the new year watching A Cinderella Story with Josh. I spent the day organizing my stuff, reading, starting to work out, etc. I filled the rings on my new Apple Watch for the first time, and it served as the end of my blog hiatus.
- January 2nd: First day back to work of 2019.
- January 3rd: First day back to watch Josh’s bowling league of 2019.
- January 5th: Attended the “Christmas” party for my daddy’s band.
- January 6th: First solo attempt at making box pizzas with Josh. the first batch wasn’t too great, but the second batch was good!
- January 9th: Read Can’t Beat the Heart of a Carolina Girl for the first full time since its release in 2017. Because it has mixed reviews, I had been cringing whenever I thought of it for a while. This reread helped me recognize some of the issues, showed me where I’ve grown as a writer, and reminded me why I believed in this book in the the first place. I’m happy to say I still love it! 🙂
- January 11th: Date night with Josh! ❤ We went to Long Horn and to the movies to see Bumblebee.
- January 12th: Bowled four games with Josh and we watched Cheaper by the Dozen together, which was fun to watch him laugh at. XD I also reached 30k on The Crush!
- January 14th: Got a bunch of ideas for a new WIP! 😀
- January 18th: My new boots delivered in the mail and I was SO excited! I got two pair from Show Show/Shoe Dept. online for a little over $50 (shipping included)!
- January 21st: Lost 5 lbs since January 1st!!!
- January 22nd: Reached 35k on The Crush!
- January 25th: Hung out with some friends and played Mario Party on their Nintendo Switch.
- January 28th: Was asked to write my first ever guest blog post for Literature Approved!
- January 31st: Watched my boyfriend bowl his third 800 set on his bowling league! It was my first time seeing him bowl and 800, so I was beyond happy for him! 😀 My ending January word count was 40.2k on The Crush, with a total of 11.7k written for the month!
- February 2nd: Went to my aunt’s 80th birthday party.
- February 3rd: Went to a superbowl party at a friend’s house. I don’t care about football; I was there for the food! XD They made fried buffalo chicken dip sticks from Josh’s legendary buffalo chicken dip and they were awesome!
- February 8th: Challenged myself to step outside my socially awkward comfort zone and order takeout from a fast food restaurant for the first time by myself (as weird as it may seem, this was a huge step for me).
- February 10th: Ran my farthest yet on a 10-min Wii Fit run than I’ve done since I started working out this year!
- February 11th: Re-lost 2 lbs that had added back on after I had lost the 5 lbs back in January.
- February 14th: Spent my third Valentine’s Day with Josh watching him bowl league. We both think Valentine’s Day is dumb, so we were happy doing this. ❤
- February 15th: I BOWLED MY FIRST 300 ON WII BOWLING AND I LITERALLY SCREAMED BECAUSE I’VE BEEN WANTING TO DO THAT FOR SO LONG. XD
- February 17th: Went to my little cousin’s birthday party!
- February 20th: Upgraded to a new phone for my birthday!
- February 21st: Ate out for my momma’s birthday.
- February 22nd: Celebrated my 25th birthday by watching home movies of when I was younger, working out, reading, going out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings (and they were giving away free sides with wings, so I scored FREE MOZZARELLA STICKS!!!), and playing the Wii with Josh, my sister, and her boyfriend. It also included this fabulous cake:
- February 24th: Watched my sweet boyfriend bowl in a local tournament and he did awesome!
- February 25th: Scored my second 300 bowling on the Wii!
- February 28th: I heard the Jonas Brothers were getting back together and I. Freaked. Out. ❤ | Total word count on The Crush for February: 46k words on the nose, which means 5.8k written for the month.
- March 2nd: I shamelessly put a couple Jonas Brothers posters back up in my room! XD
- March 3rd: Spent an embarrassing amount of time making funny Snapchat videos and not posting them. XD
- March 4th – 8th: Had a beyond horrible/stressful week. 😦
- March 9th: Went to another little cousin’s birthday party! I also rewatched Mockingjay Part 1 and 2 after finishing rereading The Hunger Games trilogy.
- March 13th: Scored my third 300 bowling on the Wii! (If y’all can’t tell, I’m proud of this new ability! XD)
- March 14th: Someone spelled my name “A-L-I-C-E-Y-N” and it was all I could do to control the expression on my face. O.o
- March 16th: Ate out for my daddy’s birthday at Logan’s Roadhouse.
- March 19th: FINALLY REACHED 50K WORDS ON THE CRUSH AND IT’S STILL NOT FINISHED! XD
- March 22nd – 24th: Went on vacation to Myrtle Beach and visited the zoo in Columbia, SC. I finally saw a koala in person! 😀
- March 24th: Had my first ever guest post on Literature Approved for their Behind the Books blog series! Click here to read the post!
- March 28th: Reached 55K on The Crush.
- March 31st: Scored the March Calorie Challenge badge on my Apple Watch! Even though I’ve earned the January and February challenge badges too, this one means a lot to me, because I missed a few workouts this month due to a bad cold and almost thought I wouldn’t be able to earn it! 🙂 | Total Word Count on The Crush: 55.7k, so 9.7k written for the month!
Total Word Count for 1st Quarter of 2019: 27.2k words!!!! (Started the year at 28.5k)
- Illuminate by Sarah Addison-Fox
- How My Private, Personal Journal Became a Bestseller by Julia DeVillers
- Arbrook Huxley and the Star-Crossed Lovers by Mollie E. Reeder
- Heaven Shining Through by Joe Siccardi
- A Field of Fireflies by Joey Jones
- Can’t Beat the Heart of a Carolina Girl by Me 🙂
- Phantoms (Shallows, #2) by Denver Evans
- Retreat (The Stormers Trilogy #2) by Sarah Addison-Fox
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- Live Without You by Sarah Grace Grzy
- Successful Self-Publishing by Joanna Penn
- The Beast of Talesend (Beaumont and Beasley, #1) by Kyle Robert Shultz
- How I Had Fun Writing 10 Novels in 13 Months by Sarah Addison-Fox (reread)
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Finding Fireflies by A.C. Williams
- The Secrets Between You and Me by Shana Norris
- Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth
- Bellamy and the Brute (Bellamy and the Brute #1) by Alicia Michaels
- Receive (The Stormers Trilogy #3) by Sarah Addison-Fox
- Beautiful Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #1) by Sarra Cannon
- Beagle in a Backpack (Animal Ark: Holiday Special, #16) by Ben M. Baglio
- A Proverb a Day: A 40-Day Pursuit of Wisdom by Sarah J. Callen
- Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins (reread)
- Water Princess, Fire Prince (The Rizkaland Legends, #1) by Kendra E. Ardnek
- God Will Use This For Good by Max Lucado
- Ruptured Reality (Kristian Clark and the Agency Trap, #2.5) by Jes Drew
- Agents Adam and Eve (Kristian Clark and the American Agenda, #1) by Jes Drew
- A Bridge Apart by Joey Jones
Total 1st Quarter Reads: 28 Books | Goodreads 2019 Reading Challenge Goal: 100
Talk to Me, Arrowheads!
Woo! That’s it for this first quarter review, Arrowheads! How has 2019 been treating y’all so far?
Aim high, stay strong, and always hit your mark.