Good afternoon Arrowheads, and welcome to my first Quarter Review of 2019! Today, I’m sharing all of the (mostly lame) adventures I’ve been on over the past three months!
- January 1st: Rolled in the new year watching A Cinderella Story with Josh. I spent the day organizing my stuff, reading, starting to work out, etc. I filled the rings on my new Apple Watch for the first time, and it served as the end of my blog hiatus.
- January 2nd: First day back to work of 2019.
- January 3rd: First day back to watch Josh’s bowling league of 2019.
- January 5th: Attended the “Christmas” party for my daddy’s band.
- January 6th: First solo attempt at making box pizzas with Josh. the first batch wasn’t too great, but the second batch was good!
- January 9th: Read Can’t Beat the Heart of a Carolina Girl for the first full time since its release in 2017. Because it has mixed reviews, I had been cringing whenever I thought of it for a while. This reread helped me recognize some of the issues, showed me where I’ve grown as a writer, and reminded me why I believed in this book in the the first place. I’m happy to say I still love it! 🙂
- January 11th: Date night with Josh! ❤ We went to Long Horn and to the movies to see Bumblebee.
- January 12th: Bowled four games with Josh and we watched Cheaper by the Dozen together, which was fun to watch him laugh at. XD I also reached 30k on The Crush!
- January 14th: Got a bunch of ideas for a new WIP! 😀
- January 18th: My new boots delivered in the mail and I was SO excited! I got two pair from Show Show/Shoe Dept. online for a little over $50 (shipping included)!
- January 21st: Lost 5 lbs since January 1st!!!
- January 22nd: Reached 35k on The Crush!
- January 25th: Hung out with some friends and played Mario Party on their Nintendo Switch.
- January 28th: Was asked to write my first ever guest blog post for Literature Approved!
- January 31st: Watched my boyfriend bowl his third 800 set on his bowling league! It was my first time seeing him bowl and 800, so I was beyond happy for him! 😀 My ending January word count was 40.2k on The Crush, with a total of 11.7k written for the month!
- February 2nd: Went to my aunt’s 80th birthday party.
- February 3rd: Went to a superbowl party at a friend’s house. I don’t care about football; I was there for the food! XD They made fried buffalo chicken dip sticks from Josh’s legendary buffalo chicken dip and they were awesome!
- February 8th: Challenged myself to step outside my socially awkward comfort zone and order takeout from a fast food restaurant for the first time by myself (as weird as it may seem, this was a huge step for me).
- February 10th: Ran my farthest yet on a 10-min Wii Fit run than I’ve done since I started working out this year!
- February 11th: Re-lost 2 lbs that had added back on after I had lost the 5 lbs back in January.
- February 14th: Spent my third Valentine’s Day with Josh watching him bowl league. We both think Valentine’s Day is dumb, so we were happy doing this. ❤
- February 15th: I BOWLED MY FIRST 300 ON WII BOWLING AND I LITERALLY SCREAMED BECAUSE I’VE BEEN WANTING TO DO THAT FOR SO LONG. XD
- February 17th: Went to my little cousin’s birthday party!
- February 20th: Upgraded to a new phone for my birthday!
- February 21st: Ate out for my momma’s birthday.
- February 22nd: Celebrated my 25th birthday by watching home movies of when I was younger, working out, reading, going out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings (and they were giving away free sides with wings, so I scored FREE MOZZARELLA STICKS!!!), and playing the Wii with Josh, my sister, and her boyfriend. It also included this fabulous cake:
- February 24th: Watched my sweet boyfriend bowl in a local tournament and he did awesome!
- February 25th: Scored my second 300 bowling on the Wii!
- February 28th: I heard the Jonas Brothers were getting back together and I. Freaked. Out. ❤ | Total word count on The Crush for February: 46k words on the nose, which means 5.8k written for the month.
- March 2nd: I shamelessly put a couple Jonas Brothers posters back up in my room! XD
- March 3rd: Spent an embarrassing amount of time making funny Snapchat videos and not posting them. XD
- March 4th – 8th: Had a beyond horrible/stressful week. 😦
- March 9th: Went to another little cousin’s birthday party! I also rewatched Mockingjay Part 1 and 2 after finishing rereading The Hunger Games trilogy.
- March 13th: Scored my third 300 bowling on the Wii! (If y’all can’t tell, I’m proud of this new ability! XD)
- March 14th: Someone spelled my name “A-L-I-C-E-Y-N” and it was all I could do to control the expression on my face. O.o
- March 16th: Ate out for my daddy’s birthday at Logan’s Roadhouse.
- March 19th: FINALLY REACHED 50K WORDS ON THE CRUSH AND IT’S STILL NOT FINISHED! XD
- March 22nd – 24th: Went on vacation to Myrtle Beach and visited the zoo in Columbia, SC. I finally saw a koala in person! 😀
- March 24th: Had my first ever guest post on Literature Approved for their Behind the Books blog series! Click here to read the post!
- March 28th: Reached 55K on The Crush.
- March 31st: Scored the March Calorie Challenge badge on my Apple Watch! Even though I’ve earned the January and February challenge badges too, this one means a lot to me, because I missed a few workouts this month due to a bad cold and almost thought I wouldn’t be able to earn it! 🙂 | Total Word Count on The Crush: 55.7k, so 9.7k written for the month!
Total Word Count for 1st Quarter of 2019: 27.2k words!!!! (Started the year at 28.5k)
- Illuminate by Sarah Addison-Fox
- How My Private, Personal Journal Became a Bestseller by Julia DeVillers
- Arbrook Huxley and the Star-Crossed Lovers by Mollie E. Reeder
- Heaven Shining Through by Joe Siccardi
- A Field of Fireflies by Joey Jones
- Can’t Beat the Heart of a Carolina Girl by Me 🙂
- Phantoms (Shallows, #2) by Denver Evans
- Retreat (The Stormers Trilogy #2) by Sarah Addison-Fox
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- Live Without You by Sarah Grace Grzy
- Successful Self-Publishing by Joanna Penn
- The Beast of Talesend (Beaumont and Beasley, #1) by Kyle Robert Shultz
- How I Had Fun Writing 10 Novels in 13 Months by Sarah Addison-Fox (reread)
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Finding Fireflies by A.C. Williams
- The Secrets Between You and Me by Shana Norris
- Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth
- Bellamy and the Brute (Bellamy and the Brute #1) by Alicia Michaels
- Receive (The Stormers Trilogy #3) by Sarah Addison-Fox
- Beautiful Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #1) by Sarra Cannon
- Beagle in a Backpack (Animal Ark: Holiday Special, #16) by Ben M. Baglio
- A Proverb a Day: A 40-Day Pursuit of Wisdom by Sarah J. Callen
- Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins (reread)
- Water Princess, Fire Prince (The Rizkaland Legends, #1) by Kendra E. Ardnek
- God Will Use This For Good by Max Lucado
- Ruptured Reality (Kristian Clark and the Agency Trap, #2.5) by Jes Drew
- Agents Adam and Eve (Kristian Clark and the American Agenda, #1) by Jes Drew
- A Bridge Apart by Joey Jones
Total 1st Quarter Reads: 28 Books | Goodreads 2019 Reading Challenge Goal: 100
Woo! That’s it for this first quarter review, Arrowheads! How has 2019 been treating y’all so far?