What’s up my friends? Welcome back to yet another quarter review with yours truly!
*Spoiler Alert* This quarter has been one of the toughest seasons I’ve been through in a while. For that reason, this quarter review will be nowhere near as detailed as my prior ones and may feature events out of order. I’ve also considered cutting out quarter reviews altogether once 2020 arrives, so please let me know in the comments if you’d like to continue seeing this type of content.
Okay, so without further ado, let’s revisit what happened in July, August, and September 2019!
- Went to see Spider-Man: Far From Home with Josh and one of his friends
- I started writing book two of The Crush trilogy, entitled The Fall.
- I started my own author Instagram account! Click here to follow me!
- Created a Goodreads page for The Crush! Click here to add it to your To-Read list!
- One of my favorite authors and writing role models, Stephanie Morrill, commented on my Instagram picture featuring her duology, The Ellie Sweet Series. And then she followed me and made my day! 😀
- As I mentioned in a previous post, my boyfriend’s momma passed away unexpectedly in late July. This is one of the main reasons this quarter has been so tough for me. Please cherish your loved ones before it’s too late. ❤
- Went to see Hobbs and Shaw with Josh and some friends.
- Found out my first bowling ball split right down the middle, so I had to order a new one.
- Hosted indie YA author Abbie Emmons for an interview during her 100 Days of Sunlight blog tour.
- Watched season four of Once Upon a Time and it’s my favorite so far! At the time of writing this post, I’m halfway through season five, and… 😦 me no likey as much.
- Celebrated my adorable little cousin’s third birthday! ❤
- Reached 10k words on The Fall!
- Received my first 100 followers on Instagram!
- Celebrated my sister’s birthday by going to an escape room. It was so much fun, and we made it out with four seconds to spare!
- Reached 100 pages on The Fall mid-month!
- Updated a few things on Authoring Arrowheads, including the new homepage! 🙂
- Updated some minor settings on my YouTube channel.
Total Word Count for 3rd Quarter of 2019: 26,929 words
I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump, guys. I think when the snares of July hit me, I lost a bit of enthusiasm for reading. I got majorly behind on my goal of reading 100 books this year, and lowered it to 90 books early this quarter. Mid-September, I dropped it way down to 75. I knew 100 books would be a tough goal to accomplish, but I thought it was attainable earlier this year. I soon found my interests shifting in other directions, and now need to edit The Crush, so I have less time for reading books now.
Here’s what I’ve read this quarter:
- The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet by Stephanie Morrill
- The Crush by Allyson Kennedy (my first official read-through)
- The Unlikely Debut of Ellie Sweet by Stephanie Morrill
- Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
- Irradiate by Sarah Addison-Fox
- Midnight’s Curse by Tricia Mingerink
- That Summer by Sarah Dessen
- Going Home Again by Abby Cavenaugh
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- Everybody, Always by Bob Goff
- Within These Lines by Stephanie Morrill
- Book Marketing is Dead by Derek Murphy
- Starring Me by Krista McGee
*Waves surrender flag* I’m beat, guys. I’m beat. Please pray for me as the fourth quarter of 2019 begins!
Aim high, stay strong, and always hit your mark.