With Thanksgiving being tomorrow–and seeing all those November Thankfulness Challenges on Facebook–I thought this week’s post would be as good a time as ever to say what I’m thankful for! So, here we go:
- God: For everything He’s done for me this year, for the people He’s put into my life, and for sending His son to die on the cross for my sins.
- My parents: For God blessing them with thirty-four years of marriage as of two weeks ago, and for the way they raised my sister and me in a Christian home.
- Mander: My co-conspirator, my weirdo, my little sister, and hopefully the cover designer for my future novels.
- Josh: For always believing in me, for directing me back to God when I have anxiety, and for showing me that love doesn’t have to be so complicated.
- Josh’s family: For treating me as if I were family from day one. Thank you for being my second family.
- Coffee: Specifically Dunkin Donuts brand. For without it, I’d be a hot mess every morning at work.
- My job: That God blessed me with a job before I graduated college, that it’s close to home, and that even on the most challenging days it’s still not a bad place to work.
- CreateSpace/Amazon: For giving me the opportunity to publish my novel earlier this year, for allowing me full creative control over my book, and for always being super quick and helpful when I have questions.
- My readers: For all of you who read my blog, follow me on Facebook/Twitter/Goodreads, or have purchased Can’t Beat the Heart of a Carolina Girl, I’m over-the-moon thankful for the fact that you’ve taken the time to get to know me and my work.
2017–despite all the hatred and violence that is going on in the world–has been a year of blessings, and I’m thankful for all of you who have impacted my life this year in one way or another.