Good afternoon, Arrowheads! Though I only volunteered to host an author interview as apart of the Dagger’s Sleep and Dissociate Blog Tour, the authors provided complimentary ARCs to all blog tour participants. To show my appreciation, I’ll also be posting reviews for both titles, starting today with Sarah Addison-Fox’s Dissociate, the third installment of the Allegiance series!
With Dissemble ending with a major reveal about a couple characters, I’ve been eager to revisit our heroes! The wait (though shorter than most series) was well worth it, as Dissociate picks right back up where its predecessor stopped, greeting us with action from the first page!
In the past, I’ve found it difficult to do reviews for books further along in a series without spoiling information for those who haven’t read or are currently reading the preceding books. Therefore, I’ll review the highlights instead.
What I Loved:
- Torrance’s Character Development: Oh my gracious, this was one of the best and most developed character arcs I’ve ever read! Our brooding Torrance goes through an emotional roller coaster throughout Dissociate, making him a standout character that readers will be rooting for until the end.
- Celeste and Mick’s Relationship: *INTENSE FANGIRLING* That’s all I’m going to say about that! 😉
- Amaya: Our daring and sarcastic Amaya also stands out in this installment, hilariously dealing with the secret we learned about in Dissemble. Her struggles are depicted with spot-on accuracy of what others in this situation normally go through, and it’s fun to see Amaya’s perspective on it.
- Ethan and Maggie: Best. Fictional. Parents. Ever. Hands down!
- Sadie: #SadieTheHopelessRomantic is so me at that age, always dreaming about love stories and falling in love herself someday! ❤
- The Overall Depiction of Relationships: The depiction of raw emotions in any of the relationships mentioned were tangible and 100% believable. One scene in particular between a couple almost had me crying along with them.
What I Disliked:
Nothing to see here, folks! 🙂
Overall, I’m rating Dissociate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5 stars. I cannot wait for the final installment, hopefully coming soon! 🙂
Thank you to the author for providing me with an ARC for participating in her blog tour. A review was not required to receive the ARC, and all the aforementioned thoughts are my own.